Monday, November 11, 2013

Solo Dolo



It's been a long time since I've updated with any new art. Work has a way of sucking all the creative juices from me. After a long day of grinding away on studio jobs, I'm unfortunately left with little desire to create anything for myself. Luckily for me, today being a holiday, I took advantage and tried something different. This is the result...

A while back Scott Mescudi posted an interesting candid shot and I had to do something with it. It's everyday moments that inspire and ultimately lay the foundation for creativity. It's rare for me to really know the end result on a piece of art, unless I absolutely sit down and start planning the thing out. This can detract from the end result, because one spends a great deal of time planning and grinding away at an essential blueprint of what the finished product might look like. So much time/energy can be wasted during this process and it leaves little room for a freeing, organic task of improvisation.

Well, one thing that needs to change is my openness to create more art just for myself. That's something which is never lost on a child with a coloring book, or happily sketching away -- creating for creations sake. It's supposed to be fun after all. Kid's know this and without even thinking about it. They do it for the sheer fun of creating something cool. I need to take a lesson from my five year old self, because that dude was much wiser than this old guy sitting here, typing away at this blog.

-Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment