Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A Christmas Carol

Well, I'm late on posting this, but a few months back I had the pleasure of illustrating Charles Dickens "A Christmas Carol" for FarFaria. It was a great opportunity to spread my wings and really come at the project with a different end result in mind. Actually, before even beginning any work, I had initially envisioned something very organic, dark and almost entirely devoid of color. But, owing to extremely tight deadlines, I unfortunately had to fall back on certain tried and true habits I've developed over the years. Not to say I don't like the finished product (because I do) but, it's funny how the story can take a life of it's own and seemingly steer it's own heading.

Below is a few illustrations and an overall sample from the entire story.








Happy Holidays!
Kirk

No comments:

Post a Comment